Friday, July 29, 2011

Back In the Swing of Things

Now that I feel as though I’m fully recovered from Tahoe (although I never really felt bad after the race), I’m starting to slowly get back into a more “regular” running schedule. I ran 8+ miles yesterday with friends at Eisenhower. The temperature at 5:15 was hovering at 100, and I was not pleased. Surprisingly, I felt pretty good the entire run and even managed to run more of the uphills than normal. The legs felt good. It’s just a matter of adjusting to being back in this heat. Next week will be another jump in mileage before 2-3 weeks of higher mileage and then a slow taper before Wasatch.

As a side note, I have to say that I am so lucky to have such a great group of running friends. It’s been a challenging week for me, and yesterday was exactly what I needed. Running is a great way to clear your head, and running with friends is even better. Thanks to the Rockhoppers!

No comments:

Post a Comment