Thursday, July 7, 2011

Widespread Panic

Day 27 (Bellingham/Seattle)

I opted to run the same basic route today that Doug and I ran yesterday. I wanted to get in some climbs and thought about driving to the mountains, but the ease of running from the condo won over any driving. The only difference today was that I took one side trip down to Teddy Bear Cove, affording me great views of the Olympic Range and the nearby San Juan Islands. My legs felt like junk on the way our but started to come around on the return trip. Another 14 miles and perfect temps.


(Chuckanut Trail System)


(View From Teddy Bear Cove)


(Great View of the Canadian Rockies)

Sara and I loaded up and made the 1.5 hour drive down to Seattle, with me gawking at the beautiful mountains the entire way down. We parked, met Doug, and then headed down to the Pike’s Place Market for lunch (while Doug finished up some work at his law firm). Nate, one of Doug’s friends from law school, flew in for the show and met us out. We walked around and then checked into our hotel, the Hyatt, right across the street from the concert venue.

The show was great (as most Panic shows are), and the venue was even better. The Paramount is an old theater, and seeing Panic there was memorable. Another great day in the Pacific Northwest.


No comments:

Post a Comment