Friday, July 20, 2012

Grays and Torreys

Still working on that Hardrock report.  In the meantime, I have been busy playing in the mountains.  Today I hit 2 peaks over 14,000’, Grays and Torreys.  Ok, I have to admit that I don’t consider today a “double” summit since there is only a drop of 500’ to a saddle from Grays before you ascend Torreys.  Either way, I was on top of 2 different 14ers, and I got there on foot J


(Grays on the left, Torreys to the right)

(Torreys)

(Tons of people on the summit)

(Looking back into Grizzly Gulch from the saddle)

(Torreys Peak seen from Grays summit)

(Looking off back of Grays)

(Rocky ascent up Torreys)

(Grays Peak seen from top of Torreys)

(Looking back up Grizzly Gulch)

2 comments:

  1. Far Out! Kind of a really big version of the sisters. Very cool Brian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gray's is Asa's namesake. Asa Gray. Wish I'd known you were going up!

    ReplyDelete