Monday, July 16, 2012

Columbine Lake

I will eventually write a recap of my Hardrock experience, but I am still processing it all in my mind.  It was one of the most incredible endeavors I have ever been a part of.  That course is both stunning in its beauty and its difficulty.  2 days later, I am still in awe.  Surprisingly, my legs felt great today, so Jacob Evans (another Texan who came up to pace at HR) and myself explore the Columbine Lake area between Silverton and Ouray.  The beauty of this hike was on par to anything I’ve seen in Colorado.  Here are a few photos.



(Breaking out above treeline) 

 

(Columbine Lake is to the left of picture.  We headed to the pass on the right at just over 13,000') 

(Jacob traversing across a rock field from the pass to the lake) 

(Columbine Lake nestled at just over 12,600')




(Still some snow in Mill Creek Basin) 


No comments:

Post a Comment