Sunday, July 22, 2012

Blue Lakes Pass

The more I run around Ouray, the more I realize how immense and interconnected the trail system is here.  One of my first runs was up to Blue Lakes (still my favorite run to date) from the Ridgway side.  After looking at maps, I realized you could get there from the Ouray side as well via Yankee Boy Basin.  Here are some pics from that run.  One day (may have to wait until next summer) I want to run the full loop from my door.  I think it would be 25-30 miles.  Epic for sure in these mountains.



(Looking Up Into Yankee Boy Basin) 

(Blue Lakes Pass in the distance with Wright's Lake in foreground) 

(Blue Lakes Pass with the Class 3 approach to Sneffels on the right) 

(Upper Blue Lakes seen from the pass) 

(Yankee Boy Basin with Governor Basin in the background) 

(The initial approach to Sneffels.  It only gets gnarlier from there)

No comments:

Post a Comment