Friday, August 17, 2012

Headed Back To Colorado

The past few weeks have been busy as I return to “normal” life again, if that’s really possible.  After running the Speedgoat 50K with friends Tom “Blaze” Bowling and Joe “Popsicle” Tammaro, I returned to Ouray for a wonderful week of running and hanging out with friends.  Then I made the 17 hour drive back to San Antonio to begin cross country practice.  While I wasn’t super thrilled to be back, I love the kids I work with, which eased the transition a bit.  I snuck a 30K night race in the middle, giving me a taste of what I missed all summer (please send me back to the mountains!).  Now I’m headed back to Colorado, this time to pace friends at the Leadville 100.  The forecast calls for 35 degrees with rain tomorrow night, perfect conditions for running 50 miles in the mountains.  I can’t wait J



(Dave Brown Running Strong at Leadville 100 in 2011) 


(Winfield Aid Station - Mile 50)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the only picture of me actually running. I would probably still be sitting on the back side of hope if it weren't for you. I admire the way you follow your dreams. Glad you had an awesome summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. I definitely got to run a bit faster down the back side of Hope this year than I did last. I'll see you at Hardrock.

      Delete