Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Happiness

As my time in Ouray draws to a close for this summer, I’ve started to reflect on my last 2 months.  While I cannot recap everything or remember some of the best moments (I will come up with a list at some point), the overwhelming feeling I’ve had during my stay here is that of true happiness.  As I sit here typing this, I can honestly say I’ve never been happier.  As long as I continue to live each day here to the fullest and to focus on the moment, I can’t help but have a smile on my face.  Yesterday I set out from the house and headed for Imogene Pass, where I could see Telluride way down below.  Not wanting to get caught in a lightning storm, I scurried down the mountain as I was being chased by the storm.  While I never got any lightning (I heard plenty of thunder), I got plenty of cool rain that made my run great.  I found myself splashing through creeks and hopping down the trail.  Happy, yes, I was truly happy.  Life is so simple here.  This place is magical, and I will be back, hopefully sooner than later.



(Imogene Pass In the Distance)

(Looking Down At the Route I Took Up To Imogene)

(Looking Down At Telluride From Imogene Pass)

(Marmot Up High)


1 comment: