Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The First Week


 I’ve been in Colorado for a week now, and I feel like I’m home.  I love the mountains, and this time is no different.  I am as relaxed and rested as I have been in months, and I’m having fun running again.  I could write for hours about the week I’ve had, but I think pictures tell the story better than I ever could, although even they don’t quite do it justice.  In the past week I’ve run up 3 peaks over 14,000’ (Mt. Elbert once and Mt. Massive twice), seen the most spectacular sight I’ve ever encountered (Blue Lakes), been to the hot springs (where I was the only one wearing clothes), and had a great time just relaxing and soaking in all that Ouray, Leadville, and Telluride have to offer.  


(Home Sweet Home) 

 (On summit of Mt. Massive w/ Mt. Elbert over my shoulder)




(Mt. Massive) 

(Mt. Elbert) 

(Mt. Elbert on left and Massive to the right) 




(Upper Blue Lake) 




(Governor Basin) 



(View From the Bridge of Heaven)

No comments:

Post a Comment