Sunday, June 10, 2012

Blue Lakes

I’m in the first week of my Colorado summer, and words can’t describe how nice it has been.  I will write a longer version of my first week soon (including stats for Chris), but I felt like my adventure yesterday warranted it’s own immediate post.  I had seen pictures of the Blue Lakes (there are 3 of them) located between Ouray and Telluride.  To be honest, they look so blue in the pictures that one might assume they are fake.  Well, I went there yesterday, and they are very real.  I’ve seen some spectacular scenery in my life, but yesterday was the most beautiful thing I’ve even seen, without a doubt.  Here are a few pictures, although they really don’t do the Blue Lakes justice.  



(Lower Blue Lake)

(Lower Blue Lake from above)

(Lower Blue Lake over my shoulder) 

(One of the Upper Blue Lakes)

2 comments: