Monday, April 9, 2012

Good Friday

This past Friday I was off from school, so I decided to head out to Bandera for some trail running fun. Jean and Larry rode out with me to enjoy the clear (yet somewhat cool) weather. We hit all the usual hills (Lucky's, Cairns, Boyles, Ice Cream, etc) and enjoyed the scenery. It has been awhile since I've tun out there, and it felt good to get back onto the rocky, hilly terrain I love so much. Enough of this flat stuff I've been training on lately. After the run I headed up to Austin to catch a Yonder Mountain String Band show at Stubbs. If you never seen a show there, you are really missing out. We managed to get VIP seats, and the band put on a great show as usual. The next day I headed up to Dallas to visit my brother and his family and to catch Yonder again. The show had to rank in my top 3 of all time, at least in terms of the setlist. I had a blast. Music, friends, and great trails. Not a bad way to spend the weekend.

(Beautiful Bandera Sunrise)

(Looking at the 3 Sisters From Atop Sky Island)

(Larry and Jean Making Their Way Up Lucky's Peak)

(View From VIP Area at Stubb's)

No comments:

Post a Comment