Monday, April 2, 2012

Bloody Knees and Warm Porter

Yesterday found me running over rocks and through the wildflowers of Government Canyon. It was a beautifully clear day. Humid, yes, but at least no rain in sight. 10 of us (11 if you count Buster, Tanya and Jason’s dog) set out for a loop in the frontcountry, followed by a nice jaunt through some of the backcountry. By mile 3 I was dripping wet, and by mile 8 my feet were sliding around inside my soaked shoes. I guess this marks that time in the season when running starts to become more of a chore for me than an enjoyable endeavor. Sure, I still love getting out on the trails, but I have to remind myself that I am doing this for a particular race in the future. It’s less about the moment and more about the end goal. That being said, I had a great time hanging out with friends on the trail yesterday. I’m nowhere close to where I want to be mentally, but I was happy to get out and run. Rosie managed to gash her knee pretty good coming down Wildcat Canyon, but she handled it like a champ. Afterwards, Tom and I enjoyed a warm porter (he dropped a beer and needed to drink it) and told stories of hoops glory (or dreams of such). Not a bad way to start the day.

1 comment:

  1. You should have seen the video Rosie sent me of her knee from the doctor's office. Nice and deep.

    ReplyDelete