Friday, March 9, 2012

Out of Retirement

Before I got into running, I was an avid basketball player. I played all during my childhood and into college. After twisting my ankle over 4 years ago, I stopped playing and haven't played a game since...until today. Against my better judgment (peer pressure is an evil thing), I played in the student-faculty basketball game at school. My goals were simple - don't get hurt, try to conserve energy, and WIN. I'm pretty laid back, but when it comes to basketball, I turn into a different person. Luckily for me, I accomplished all three today. Sure, it wasn't the best idea to play in this game the day before Prickly Pear, but judging by the current weather, my time goals are out the window tomorrow anyway. Plus, I had fun out there. It felt good to be back on the court, even if my body didn't always do what my mind wanted it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment