Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Still Running

Yes, I’m still here. It’s been awhile since I have posted anything here. Much like my beard, my lack of posting has been due primarily to laziness on my part. Things have felt fairly blah lately, but I’m hoping to change that. I had a fantastic hilly run last Thursday, exploring some new (and some familiar) areas. Saturday saw rain, hail, and a cancelled track meet (at least we got the 3200 run before things got really bad). Sunday found me searching for a dry place to run, of which there weren’t any. I needed to do 25 miles, and the thought of slogging through the mud at McAllister wasn’t appealing. So, I decided to join 9 other runners and take Tony’s Tour of Leon Creek. I had a blast as we slipped around on the mud, mixed in with some pavement. Once again I was stunned by the lack of friendliness from most people we passed. A simple nod or “hello” from me was often returned by silence. The weather was beautiful, we were outside running. Why not be happy!!!

The training for Prickly Pear is going well, and I am really enjoying the chance of pace in my training schedule. That being said, I can’t wait to get back to the hills, Bandera, and preparing for some mountain runs.


(Huge rainbow on Saturday)


(Beautiful sunrise on Sunday)

No comments:

Post a Comment