Friday, January 6, 2012

Bundle of Nerves


I’m as nervous about tomorrow’s Bandera 100K as I have been for any race in my life. I’m not sure why. I feel great. My last few weeks of training have gone smoothly, and I am more in tune with the course (training on the course really makes a huge difference) than ever before. So why do I have butterflies? Maybe because I feel so good and things have gone so well. I am aiming for a particular time and know that it will require a near-perfect effort for me to achieve. The forecast is calling for sunny skies and warm temps. Gulp. I keep trying to remind myself to have fun and take what the day brings, but deep inside I know I want to push myself harder than I have before, to see what can happen if things are clicking on all cylinders. When I played basketball, I always got butterflies before a game. It didn’t matter if we were playing the #1 team in the country or the worst team in our league, I always got nervous. So I guess I should be glad that I’m ansy about tomorrow. Either way, I plan on enjoying the company of friends and the beauty of Bandera. Whatever happens, I’ll know that I gave it my best. The only thing left to do now is go eat dinner at Cowboy Pizza in Bandera J

(Bandera 2010 with Chris, Tony, and Domingo - It was 9 degrees at the start!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment