Friday, June 24, 2011

Western States


I know, I know, I REALLY need to bring you all (all 2 of you) up to speed on my travels, but I really haven’t had much down time. I promise (again) to fill in the gaps when I get a chance. I’ve been in Tahoe the past few days, running in the mountains and soaking in the Western States experience. Originally, Chris and I were supposed to pace our good friend Liza at Western. Unfortunately, Liza has a fractured foot and is out tomorrow. Instead, I will be crewing (along with Chris and Liza) and pacing Bryon Powell, no slouch himself. It is possible (and highly likely) that I will end up having to run the last 38 miles with him (Chris tweaked his back and is out). This wouldn’t be a huge deal had I not run 37 miles yesterday along Emerald Bay outside Tahoe. Oh well, more time in the mountains for me!

Hopefully when the dust has settled (literally), I will be able to write a more detailed summary of what has transpired overt the past few days. Until then, enjoy some of these photos.



(View From Lake City, CO)

(Telluride Bluegrass Festival)


(Snow In Telluride)


(Liza, Killian Jornet, and Geoff Roes)


(Even Bears Like Coke)

(Eagle Lake Near Lake Tahoe)

No comments:

Post a Comment