Tuesday, May 24, 2011

No Motivation

Some days the motivation comes easily. Other days it is non-existent. The past several days fall into the latter category. As I've mentioned in previous posts, my mental state plays a huge role in my running. If I feel good mentally, I usually have no trouble getting up for a run. If I am stressed or just mentally foggy, as I have been lately, running doesn't come quite so easily. It doesn't help that it is 90+ degrees and SUPER humid. Running for me is a release and usually a way to clear my head, but this weather has just dampened the fun. I am really looking forward to getting into the cool mountain air of Colorado (and many other places) this summer. Just me, my car, and miles of open road and mountain trail. Until then, I will do my best to slug it out here in the heat and humidity of the impending Texas summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment