Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Crossing the Big Ditch


(Looking down into the Canyon from the South Rim)

I leave tomorrow evening for Arizona, where I will meet up with a group of friends on Friday to drive to the Grand Canyon for a Rim to Rim to Rim (R2R2R) crossing on Saturday. We should end up with 45+ miles, with possible snow and freezing temperatures on the rims and 90+ degree heat in the canyon. Makes it tough to figure out what clothes to take on the run. Oh, and I have to carry all the food I’ll need for 15+ hours with me. I ran part of the GC last summer with my good friend Chris and loved it. Although I am still very much a mountain guy, I can appreciate the beauty that is the Grand Canyon. Plus, I will get to share my R2R2R adventure with other friends, making it special. Should be fun and a great training run for Western States and Tahoe.



(At the bottom of the Canyon on the Colorado River)


(Standing in front of Ribbon Falls, a nice side trip)

(Chris R. at Ribbon Falls)

(This guy didn't want to share the trail)

No comments:

Post a Comment