Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Polyester Shirts and Damsels in Distress


Nursing a sore back and a general lack of motivation the latter part of last week, my running was in need of a jolt. I just couldn’t seem to get pumped up about stepping into the soupy mess we call San Antonio humidity. I came up with every excuse to put off runs (my back is sore, I need a day off, blah blah blah), but none of them were any good. What I needed was a good run to get my mental state back on the upward swing, so I headed out for an early evening run at McAllister Park on Sunday. I only ran for an hour, but a few good things happened. First, it felt great to have dirt under my feet. Even a bad run on trails can lift your spirits. Just putting one foot in front of the other was fun. Second, I was testing out running in a polyester button down shirt. Make fun all you want, but it is both comfortable and practical, as I can use the 2 front pockets to stash gels and electrolyte caps. I wear these shirts all the time, but this marked the first time I had run in one. I might be hooked. Finally, when I got home I was able to perform my good deed of the day. I noticed a young lady who seemed to be in trouble near my house, so I offered to help her out and let her come inside to cool off. I even got a picture J



1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Great Article, it is really informative and productive. I really appreciate your writing skills. Poleyster Button Manufacturer Company

    ReplyDelete