Friday, February 18, 2011

Snot Pots and Humidity

Seems like I never get sick unless I have a race coming up. Sure enough, I woke up Monday with congestion and a wicked cough. I was told that using a neti pot might help. For the uninitiated, a neti pot (I've been referring to it as my "snot pot") is essentially a small tea pot that you stick in one nostril, allowing the solution to drain out the other nostril, along with all the snot you have inside your nose. Sounds fun, right? It seems to be working. In addition, I have been taking an immune booster called "Kick Ass Immune Booster". I think they should re-name it "Tastes Like Ass Immune Booster". Maybe it will work.

In addition to my cold, the weather has warmed up (been around 80 the past few days), and with it the humidity has set in. I already despise running in high humidity, but it is made much worse when compounded with my sickness. Should be fun trying to breathe on Sunday at the marathon.

I ran my last easy run this morning (6 miles) and will take tomorrow off (from running) to work the Austin Marathon Expo for Brooks. I have always been a fan of Brooks shoes, and the past several years I have had the pleasure of being a part of their ID (Inspire Daily) team, and more recently their PACE team. It should be fun to be a part of their team at the Expo and help out. I just hope my head and chest clear up before the race on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment